The Counseling Department at the Rape and Abuse Crisis Center provides free, trauma-focused interventions for individuals directly hurt by interpersonal violence and their loved ones. Services are provided in our Fargo office; in Fargo, West Fargo and Moorhead high schools; and in various outreach locations in neighboring communities.
Through individual and group counseling, master’s-certified counselors serve children (ages 4 and up), adults and elders by educating about abuse and healthy versus unhealthy relationships, treating symptoms related to post-traumatic stress, processing the experiences and effects of abuse, and improving coping and emotion-regulation skills.
Opportunities for counseling include:
- Outreach sites: MSUM, Wahpeton, Hawley and Breckenridge
- High schools: Fargo North, Fargo South, Woodrow Wilson, West Fargo, Sheyenne and Moorhead
- Child play therapy
- TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Male victims of sexual assault/abuse
- Trauma recovery and empowerment
- Art-based counseling
Not all groups available at all times, please contact us to inquire.