Interns at the Rape and Abuse Crisis Center advocate and provide support for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Advocate for and assist victims in making contact with agencies and systems such as shelter, law enforcement, medical and social services.
- Assist with Center functions as requested.
- Take crisis calls or walk-ins and provide support to primary and secondary victims.
- Must have knowledge and sensitivity regarding the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Must attend 40-hour training program.
- Must have the ability to work with people without being judgmental.
- Must be able to readily separate your own emotional experiences from those of victims.
- Past victims must have received sufficient counseling regarding their own personal issues.
- Must attend in-service trainings.
- Must maintain client’s confidentiality.
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Weekdays: varied hours, flexible